Tuesday, April 28, 2009

27th again, already...

It's been over a month since my last post. Whoops. So much for writing more regularly. It's not that I haven't had anything to write about, there have been a few times I actually opened up a new blog and just didn't feel like writing. So I didn't. But today I feel like writing something, I'm just not sure what. I don't want to ramble, yet I don't want to remain quiet.
I've been thinking about Africa a lot lately. I miss living there, I miss the people, the kids, the food, waking up to the sun rising over Lake Victoria, and going to bed with rain pouring on the tin roof sounding like maching gun fire. I look forward to the day Jenny and I can move back there. That will be a good day.
I know God has us here now.
But I'm pretty sure that one day God will take us back there to stay.
Hopefully we can at least visit this year.
I've forgotten how it feels to be living under an equatorial sun.
I've forgotten the smells, and faces, and names.
Every day in Africa was an adventure in one way or another. I thrive there.
I look forward to experiencing it with Jenny. Being there together. Having a home with lots of kids running around. Shifah, Rashid, Shamim, Martin, all helping out. Eating rolex and fries with a Coke late at night.
One day.